Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wish I'd Known: Teething

Pin It
Our first "Wish I'd Known" tip is from Carlin:
"I wish I'd known to give my baby Ibuprofen while he's teething."


Her son is currently teething.  She has been giving him tylenol and it just didn't seem to be doing the trick.  She had heard from several different people to try giving him Ibuprofen.  Well she finally tried it out, and she said he's a totally different baby!

Here's a dosage chart I found at Parents.com
Make sure to consult a doctor if your child is under 6 months of age.

I've also heard good things about the teething tablets.  My daughter didn't get her first tooth until she was 15 months old and was a pretty good sport about it.  So I never had to deal with a really fussy teething baby.  I may end up using this tip with my son when he starts teething.

If you have a tip you'd like to share please send it to me using my contact form!  

3 comments:

Lisa & Joel said... #

We love the Teething Tablets at our house! :)

Suzanne said... #

Teething tablets never worked at our house. Not sure why. I tried them several times, but ibuprofen worked much better for us.

Unknown said... #

My son loved frozen cucumbers in the mesh holders. Also a frozen wash cloth, with the edges shaped to where he could put it in his mouth. We never used anything other than those!