Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fantastic Fajita Seasoning

Pin It
I've been in search of the perfect homemade fajita seasoning.  I finally decided to just create my own and I LOVE it!  Here's the recipe:

3 Tbs. Cornstarch
2 Tbs. Chili powder
1 Tbs. Paprika
1 Tbs. Sugar
1/2 Tbs. Salt
2 tsp. Chicken bouillon, crushed
1 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp.  Ancho Chili Powder


This recipe makes the equivalent of 3 seasoning packets.  I like to add a bit of lime juice when cooking the fajitas.  If you don't have ancho chili powder, you can just add a bit extra chili powder.  If you want to cut back on the heat a bit, you can do less red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.

This is what your seasoning will look like:
Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: